Somewhere to chat about MIDI music creation, sequencers and related hardware

Moderators: Mug UK, lotek_style, Moderator Team

vtm
Atarian
Atarian

STeem/Windows 10

Postby vtm » Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:44 pm

Hi. Firstly hi to everyone.

I thought I had better try your site before heading into unknown waters. I have an old Atari 520st one of my first DAWs that I ran Cubase through.
Here is my question. I am wanting to load songs from floppy disc from an age ago when I used my Atari 520ST. My Atari Cubase program is long gone. Can this version (of Cubase) still be purchased to work on the Atari so I can access the old files, or can these be recovered if I use STeem and use a usb floppy disk drive. I run Windows 10 now with Cubase 9.5 And although I know I can't upload these old midi files to my latest Cubase program, is there any way I can use Steem to at least get the score on screen for me to input from sight if I make sense. I've never been a tech head and just wondered if this was possible.

b0br
Retro freak
Retro freak

Re: STeem/Windows 10

Postby b0br » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:11 pm

Seems possible. Is there a Cubase out there that works? Does that Cubase export MIDI files?

jrhansen
Atarian
Atarian

Re: STeem/Windows 10

Postby jrhansen » Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:27 am

You can download and try the ver 2.06 Score or 3 Audio for ST/Falcon here https://atarimusic.exxoshost.co.uk/inde ... Itemid=221 The ver 2.06 is the most stable, but since its dongle hacked, you might get an error when importing/exporting midi files. That have been common failures on at least the early PC version hacks dependent on how well its hacked. I don't see why you shouldn't be able to load them if you have an original ST or STeem. I got the v 2.06 working on STeem. I have an little older PC that I used to recover all my old floppies with std Midi files and Cubase .arr songs. If the songs you have on disk is in cubase .arr format just load them into STeem + Cubase 2 .. If it works fine, try export it as a .mid files and import into Cubase 9.5. Old Cubase .arr format was supported up till Cubase SX 3.0 on the PC and it can be downloaded from Steinberg, but even they don't support that version anymore it will still require a dongle unless you can find the old SX 3.0 cracked. It should be flowing around on various torrent sites, but the ver 3.x SX was the one that had major issues with random crashes and almost always crashed when importing/exporting when using the hack. However if you have an *OLD* PC with Paralell port and the ver 2 PC dongle it should work fine with the ver 3.x. At least it did for me back in those days.

Return to “MIDI Software and Hardware”