Cubase testers needed!

Somewhere to chat about MIDI music creation, sequencers and related hardware

Moderators: Mug UK, lotek_style, Moderator Team

Foxie
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Cubase testers needed!

Postby Foxie » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:41 am

I've written a new MROS driver for Cubase. So far, it doesn't do anything special except silently absorb MIDI events.

In my testing, I found some strange behaviour under emulation with Cubase 3 cracked. It goes wrong when I emulate an STE with TOS 1.62, no NVDI, no ACSI hard drive, and a GEMDOS hard drive in ST high. The menu fonts inside Cubase become garbled - but everything else works OK. Strangely, if I change any one of these variables the problem goes away.

I'm interested if anyone can reproduce the problem on real hardware with the cracked or dongle copy of Cubase. It's more likely to happen on a 1.62 machine, but it might happen on any configuration. It may be exclusive to the cracked version, or it might not.

I'm also interested to find out what happens if you use this driver in conjunction with SMPII/Midex/MO4/etc. If you can spare the time, try sending heavy MIDI tracks simultaneously to both the FOXIEEE driver and the SMPII/Midex/MO4. Do you notice any timing problems or stuck notes on your MIDI expanders when you start sending data to FOXIEEE?

To test the driver, put FOXIE.DRV in the MROS folder and reboot. It will work with Cubase 3, but it might also work with other versions.

Thanks!

FOXIE.DRV.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

charles
10 GOTO 10
10 GOTO 10

Re: Cubase testers needed!

Postby charles » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:36 pm

some of the tos 's well known to be problematic foxie ,,,,
is this a well known bug you are experiencing I wonder?
atari is my lifestyle,not a hobby.
HOLD ON ! ! !,
Im printing unreadable characters ...!

edingacic
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby edingacic » Wed May 09, 2018 10:16 pm

i moved to new office i will try soon when I re-connect my gear

ranix
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby ranix » Thu May 10, 2018 8:28 am

there's a newer build of this with some onboard sound ability in another thread I think, it was working on my stf

edingacic
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby edingacic » Tue May 29, 2018 1:41 pm

Hey Foxie, I am ready to test the driver is this the latest one to try ranix said something about newer buld.

Here is my setup reconnected and I got SMP24 now too. So I'll do the tests with SMP24, MO4, MIDEX+ ... do you care Unitor and Export?

http://prntscr.com/jo2o1k

Return to “MIDI Software and Hardware”