I searched my software archive and all I could come up with is the following:
Easy Beat is a DRUM machine (in soft). It permits to compose rythms with the help of descended audio sound of your own sampling or audio bank as machines TR 909,...
As you can note it, the interfacing is simple enough. It is sufficient to position sounds. The selected track (in red) permits to fix the volume, the panoramic as well as sounds on the 16 positions (small squares)
A Drum Edit mode allow you to see all the tracks and position of the sound/instrument in a bar.
* 8 tracks C.D. quality
* 16 patterns of 16 bars.
* Set the BPM graphicly.
* Use sound bank (TR 909,...) or your own audio sounds.
* Volume, panoramic, panoramic slide, volume slide, mute and solo setting for each track in each bar.
* Volum and instrument can be set at each bar.
* Effect (distortion, reverb and echo) can be set at each bar.
* Pitch (note) at each sound position in a bar.
* Insert, track copy, bar copy, paste.
The package contain 2 disks with Easybeat program and audio sound bank (TR808, TR909, Roland,...). The documentation is in English. Easybeat price is 390 FF (near to 59$US)