Moderators: Mug UK, lotek_style, Moderator Team

charles
10 GOTO 10
10 GOTO 10

korg dw6000 editor /libriaian

Postby charles » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:02 pm

hi everybody ,
im in the middle of writing my own korg dw6000 editor/librarian because
couldn't find one on the net anywhere, or in my files .
be nice if somebody has or help me find one .
did Steinberg write one ?
only possible solution would be quest for Atari...or gen edit
but mainliy trying to stay away from these multi configuration setups

interested in a single instrument single program.....
any other korg fans out there?
atari is my lifestyle,not a hobby.
HOLD ON ! ! !,
Im printing unreadable characters ...!

bid
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Re: korg dw6000 editor /libriaian

Postby bid » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:16 pm

Theres a number of editors here http://atari.mnx2010.nl/helpdesk/music/music.htm

I found a Steinberg one for the M1, which was possibly the best piece of Atari software that I have ever had the fortune to see or experience.
My company website http://www.thebigconsultant.com[/i][/color]

charles
10 GOTO 10
10 GOTO 10

Postby charles » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:01 pm

really , how about one for the dw6000?
HOLD ON ! ! !,

Miguel
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

Postby Miguel » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:10 pm

Hi Charles, if memory serves me correctly I think there is a Cubase mixer map for the DW8000 kicking around in one of those all inclusive mixer map folders and I seem to recall you saying you had the studio module for Cubase right? so should I also look for a studio module driver while I am at it?

charles
10 GOTO 10
10 GOTO 10

Postby charles » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:09 am

I have it
however mines the dw6000
way different sysex
and the msb/lsb of some bytes of the message can not be obtained
with the five math functions to nibblize data..

good memory Miguel ...how ar you doing these days?
HOLD ON ! ! !,

Miguel

Postby Miguel » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:33 pm

Yeah I wasn't sure if it was possible to use the DW8000 map to edit the DW6000 or not, I just thought it might be worth while for you to check it out just in case. I did check one of my old Cubase installation disks (VST 3.5) to see if there was a studio module driver for the DW6000 and sure enough there is however it's extremely basic, as in there is no macro editor, it's somewhat important to note that for quite some time the only way to make drivers was by using DMaker on the Atari so quite often they will work on the Atari.....if you really want to be underwhelmed and disappointed I guess you could probably find that driver in Steinberg's archives. The other place I looked was http://www.dhoop.de/ which tends to have mixer maps that you might not find in the usual library folders because they are uploaded by people such as myself, I couldn't see one for the DW6000 unfortunately, but have a look yourself in case I missed it.

I am currently going through the MIDI documentation for the Boss SX700 myself, you know doing check sums and all that fun stuff, but how's your quest going?

charles
10 GOTO 10
10 GOTO 10

Postby charles » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:39 pm

have the written "bare bones" of my own editor done ,still no luck finding a commercial or public domain relic....which I througharlly enjoy.
dmaker might be interesting ....
good luck with the and-ing and shl ing of the checksums
is it a standard roland checksum ?
boss stuff is decent ..... would never be as crafty as a casio cz sys ex message ....
thanks for your inout
HOLD ON ! ! !,

Atari74user
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Atari74user » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:05 pm

I am not aware of an exclusive editor for the DW6000, and I know you have said you are steering away from universal librarians, however you could perhaps utilise one of those other options:

Dr T's XoR
MOTU's XoR II
Emagic's Sound Surfer
Pixel Publishing's Super Librarian

Super Librarian does support the DW6000, so it may help, not sure off the top of my head if the rest do.

You can download here: http://www.emuparadise.me/Atari_ST_ROMs/Super_Librarian_v3.0_(1990)(Pixel_Publishing)/119098
Manual here: http://www.atarimania.com/st/files/super_librarian_pixel_publishing.pdf

Hopefully it helps somewhat.

Kind regards
Last edited by Atari74user on Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Atari Falcon 14mb, 68882, Dual 8gb CF & Steinberg FDI
Atari Jaguar, Rotary controller, Skunkboard & Cat Box
Atari 520STFM 4mb, TOS 2.06 switcher, OverScan, GigaFile, PARCP-USB, Unicorn-USB, System Solutions MiniS HD, SyQuest drives, ICD Link II, PhatBoy MIDI Controller, Philip Rees 5M MIDI merge box, Soundpool M04, Steinberg MIDEX, SMP II, Emagic Log 3, C-Lab Unitor 2, Combiner & Export expanders

charles
10 GOTO 10
10 GOTO 10

Postby charles » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:19 pm

hey thanks a lot ,
it might help ,
I neglected this gem..
suspecting its just a librarian however that's a start
.......super librarian.......
included is screen shot of the program I been crafting ....all this is two days ,,,good?

zip_002.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HOLD ON ! ! !,

Atari74user
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Atari74user » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:32 pm

Hey, anything still produced for the Atari platforms are good in my opinion! Good work, way better than I could do, that's for sure :P
Atari 520STFM 4mb, TOS 2.06 switcher, OverScan, GigaFile, PARCP-USB, Unicorn-USB, System Solutions MiniS HD, SyQuest drives, ICD Link II, PhatBoy MIDI Controller, Philip Rees 5M MIDI merge box, Soundpool M04, Steinberg MIDEX, SMP II, Emagic Log 3, C-Lab Unitor 2, Combiner & Export expanders

charles
10 GOTO 10
10 GOTO 10

Postby charles » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:47 pm

thanks ...

how is the emagic log-3?
I got as far as getting Cubase score
lost an ebay treasure of log2.5 with log-3 ......... out bid by mearily few bucks....
ive written a few pieces of usefull software over the years , basically rolands boutique stuff gave me a
glimpse to reembark on program writing ,,,especially some stuff for the tb-03...
HOLD ON ! ! !,

Atari74user
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Atari74user » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:06 pm

I wish I could, I simply get lost in developing! Log 3 and all of those C-Lab and Emagic Midi expanders are nice. Personally I think stronger than the Midex, but they are all handy bits of kit. I tend to mess around with the Log 3 on the Falcon with LAF, and use the Midex on the ST. I was fortunate with the Emagic / C-Lab stuff and got them for a really good price about 10 years ago, all mint condition and boxed up. Unfortunately I am now disconnecting everything because I should be moving, however the fun will be connecting it all up again and changing things around.

charles
10 GOTO 10
10 GOTO 10

Postby charles » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:20 pm

that's just where I am now ,
settled and getting back into this stuff I left off three years ago ...
anyhow
good conversing with you ,,,
thanks for your time and consideration ...
HOLD ON ! ! !,

charles
10 GOTO 10
10 GOTO 10

Postby charles » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:43 pm

well update on my dw editor librarian is:
alert boxes , on menu commands
graphic fix
allotted two days , projection now two weeks
any input welcome
gfadw_001.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HOLD ON ! ! !,

bid
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby bid » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:47 pm

Looks great to me!
My company website http://www.thebigconsultant.com[/i][/color]

Miguel

Postby Miguel » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:57 am

Looking good there Charles. To answer your question yeah the Boss SX700 uses the standard Roland checksum and unfortunately it doesn't spit out MIDI when parameters are changed on the actual hardware itself so I can't just record and read the values and of course no one else has made an editor for the SX700 so I can't record and read the values that way either, but it's a neat trick if you can do it....but even though it's a time saver I think it is still best to read the documentation anyway, for example the Yamaha RM1X will spit out MIDI when you change a parameter on the hardware, but there are a few parameters for the effects section which are not accessible from the screen of the hardware itself, by that I mean they can only be manipulated via MIDI.

My understanding is that the DW6000 has buttons and a very basic numerical display, meaning that you don't have to worry about sending patch names to the synth however it can also be tweaked in real time by using the knobs on a MIDI controller so you have to contemplate if you mean to create a fairly standard patch editor/librarian to be manipulated via the mouse or if you need the ability to record tweaking into Cubase etc as facilitated by the kind of functionality you get with a Mixer Map.....I am not saying simply create a Mixer Map mind you, I am saying contemplate functionality in regard to real time control, that is if that real time control is dependent upon SysEx data as opposed to basic control changes in which case you can kind of just disregard the need for MIDI input/output translation and integration.

charles
10 GOTO 10
10 GOTO 10

Postby charles » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:55 am

you're right...mixer map already made for the parameters not duplexed by the bit sharing of bitwise sysex math ,
for insights sake ,
I like making my sounds ,,,
saving in synth ,,,all done with editor ,,,

then
during song composition I play the parameters little more to diversify the sounds integrity ,,,,,,

heres a helpful bit , even tho parameters don't come out of the roland immeditally or unevoked,
maybe its like the roland d110 rack module I have .........you can envoke changed parameters from within doing so is as follows
if you press a button (I forget which one)
it sends the current changed present value out via midi
that's what got me into sysex way back when...

your roland maybe not so , I know that firmware was only in the d110 excluded from its keyboard version d-10 tho....isn't the roland sysex staggering to say the least
and to alter the sound you only need dozen or more of the hundreds the equipment is set up for ...crazy
HOLD ON ! ! !,

Miguel

Postby Miguel » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:51 pm

Those little tricks certainly come in handy when the documentation is either hard to obtain or difficult to read, some of the early scans can be quite bad, especially schematics. Roland SysEx is a little time consuming because of the checksum, but at least it's comprehensive, I mean you can even control the contrast of the screen on the SX700 if you want to, the only slightly annoying thing is that the same SysEx controls different parameters depending on the patch which has been selected even if the same parameters are used within multiple patches, in other words if the SX700 where a synth this would be equivalent to having the parameter for filer cutoff in one patch control modulation in another or something annoying like that. The real difficulty is that effects units such as the SX700 tend to have far more parameters than your average synth so laying everything out can be a real challenge. You are quite right about needing a dozen or more of the hundreds the equipment is set up for, it's not so bad when using the mouse because you can set up minimum and maximum values but when using a knob on a MIDI controller you can turn it almost to half way without anything happening which is a little odd.

So how is your project coming along?

charles
10 GOTO 10
10 GOTO 10

Postby charles » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:10 am

just implementing redundancy...like when mouse retrieves its value , but synth gets other value ,
I think they call those jump tables
making it all flow ,,,
if you can , please think of any beneficial extras ,
I will try my best to them add in ,,,

included currently
#1 I already have included a random voice parameter generator.....(good to get creativity going)
#2 made space so the program can hold four different banks of 64 voices(manage custom banks easier)
#3 considering doing something different
->lock two or more controllers together to receive same values ...why ?, I know in the manual it says the dw6000 is a six parameter adbssr envelope
however if I set the break to the sustain, it then become a standard adsr envelope......

help ? any more ideals?
HOLD ON ! ! !,

charles
10 GOTO 10
10 GOTO 10

Postby charles » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:01 am

oh also has the default voices so any time can load back a or all initial voices ,,,,
HOLD ON ! ! !,

Atari74user
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Atari74user » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:34 pm

Looking good, for the record XoR and XoR 2 support the DW6000.

XoR can be found here:
https://sites.google.com/site/stessential/music-production-tools

Manual here:
https://archive.org/details/xor_st_manual

charles
10 GOTO 10
10 GOTO 10

Postby charles » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:36 pm

fantastic Atari user74 ....
thank you ...
HOLD ON ! ! !,

Return to “MIDI Software and Hardware”