Somewhere to chat about MIDI music creation, sequencers and related hardware

Moderators: Mug UK, lotek_style, Moderator Team

harveymush
Atari nerd
Atari nerd

Falcon and the alesis sr 16

Postby harveymush » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:29 am

Hi

I have got my Falcon back up and running and would like to use it to control a alesis sr 16 drum machine.

Does anyone know a program that would easily control the Alesis ? Setup patterns etc, I will be recording into my pc via a behringer mixer.

Thanks in advance.

Atari74user
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Re: Falcon and the alesis sr 16

Postby Atari74user » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:38 pm

Not so much software I imagine, if we are talking saving patches and kits, most Universal Librarians were for the ST range, they may happen to work with the Falcon but I doubt it as they were written before the Falcon was released. I have a Falcon but have to say, never tried. Librarians such as X-OR, Super Librarian, Midi Quest, GenEdit, UniMan. It seems Midi Quest may have a template for the SR16, however I doubt Midi Quest will work on the Falcon due to the aforementioned. Google is your friend for most of the above, in fact all of the above, and it will be a case of suck it and see.

The above aside, for patterns simply a MIDI sequencer such as Cubase, Cubase 3 or Cubase Audio Falcon (CAF). Legit copies of course will require a dongle, or again Google is your friend for cracked. Studio Module for Cubase too will go some way of assisting in terms of Sysex functions. Kind regards
Atari Falcon 14mb, 68882, Dual 8gb CF, Steinberg FDI & Analog 8
Atari Jaguar, Rotary controller, Skunkboard & Cat Box
Atari 520STFM 4mb, TOS 2.06 switcher, OverScan, GigaFile, PARCP-USB, Unicorn-USB, System Solutions MiniS HD, SyQuest drives, ICD Link II, PhatBoy MIDI Controller, Philip Rees 5M MIDI merge box, SoundPool MO4, Steinberg MIDEX, SMP II, Emagic Log 3, C-Lab Unitor 2, Combiner & Export expanders

harveymush
Atari nerd
Atari nerd

Postby harveymush » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:53 pm

Many thanks I will have look, have been reading about Midi Drummer by Bit by Bit software not sure if it will work with the Falcon as it came out in 89, but I am trying to find a download of it, I will let you know.

Atari74user
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Atari74user » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:13 pm

Atari Falcon 14mb, 68882, Dual 8gb CF, Steinberg FDI & Analog 8
Atari Jaguar, Rotary controller, Skunkboard & Cat Box
Atari 520STFM 4mb, TOS 2.06 switcher, OverScan, GigaFile, PARCP-USB, Unicorn-USB, System Solutions MiniS HD, SyQuest drives, ICD Link II, PhatBoy MIDI Controller, Philip Rees 5M MIDI merge box, SoundPool MO4, Steinberg MIDEX, SMP II, Emagic Log 3, C-Lab Unitor 2, Combiner & Export expanders

harveymush
Atari nerd
Atari nerd

Postby harveymush » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:07 am

HI I will check them out many thanks

Miguel
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

Postby Miguel » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:03 am

If you use Cubase there might be a drum map and or a mixer map for the SR 16, possibly a studio module but if it's anything like my XR 20 which is like the SR 18 the amount of control will be somewhat limited.

harveymush
Atari nerd
Atari nerd

Postby harveymush » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:31 am

Hi Miguel thank you for that ill have a look to see what's available.

harveymush
Atari nerd
Atari nerd

Postby harveymush » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:31 am

Hi Miguel thank you for that ill have a look to see what's available.

neanderthal
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby neanderthal » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:06 pm

I remember had to do my own drum map for my Alesis D-4 in Cubase.Then again sort of modded the standard internal mapping on the D4 so no ready made ones would have worked properly I quess.Not that hard when one gets the hang of it.Takes a bit time tho.

Return to “MIDI Software and Hardware”