retro-io Floppy Image Extractor Tool

A forum about Atari protected floppy disks analysis, preservation, emulation, tools

Moderators: DrCoolZic, Brume

marcelschoen
Atari User
Atari User

retro-io Floppy Image Extractor Tool

Postby marcelschoen » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:57 pm

Hi folks,

As mentioned in another post, I am working on a Java library that allows to read and extract multiple floppy image file formats. Ultimately, I want to make it available in a web application online, but for the time being, there is just a small extraction tool that comes in the form of an executable Jar file - see attachement. You need to have Java 8 installed on your PC / Linux / Mac; OpenJDK should do just fine.

screenshot-extractor-tool.png

Download the attachement, unpack the Jar file from the Zip (I had to zip it in order to be allowed to attach it), and then double-click the Jar to start it. If that does not work with our Java installation, you can always run it from a shell window:

Code: Select all

$ java -jar retro-io-1.0-SNAPSHOT-all.jar

PLEASE NOTE: It's early work in progress. Images that were created outside the "standard specs" (like ST images of disks formatted with more than the usual number of tracks) might not work at all. In general, when you encounter images that it should be able to handle, but fails to, feel free to contact me.

If anyone feels the urge to write a better extractor tool around the retro-io library, this is where the library can be found:

https://github.com/marcelschoen/retro-io
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Social Media

Return to “Floppy Disk Preservation”