Of interest to Atlanta area folks I hope

A forum about Atari protected floppy disks analysis, preservation, emulation, tools

Moderators: DrCoolZic, Brume

ScooberDiver
Atarian
Atarian

Of interest to Atlanta area folks I hope

Postby ScooberDiver » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:13 am

I know I'm late to the party but I just bought my first Atari computer (1040 STE) which brought me to this site and I noticed this forum. Maybe this email snippet will be of some use...

I’m writing on behalf of the Atlanta Area Digital Archivists (AADA), a group of archivists working with legacy media at various institutions across the city, including Georgia Tech, Georgia State, Emory, and the Atlanta University Center. We’re hosting a data recovery booth at this year’s Maker Faire on October 22. Prior to October 22, we’ll be encouraging visitors to dig out their old 3.5” floppy disks and bring them along to the Faire, where we will have the equipment to help them recover and migrate their data. We’ll also be chatting with visitors throughout the day about best practices for managing their own personal digital archives.
(was in an email from Dorothy Waugh)

dhedberg
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Re: Of interest to Atlanta area folks I hope

Postby dhedberg » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:12 am

Welcome to the party ScooberDiver! :-)
Just out of curiosity, how come you bought the Atari? Have you used similar computers in the past?
Daniel, New Beat - http://newbeat.atari.org

ScooberDiver
Atarian
Atarian

Re: Of interest to Atlanta area folks I hope

Postby ScooberDiver » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:32 am

I guess anything with a 68000 CPU is interesting to me. I'm not sure why. LOL

Social Media

Return to “Floppy Disk Preservation”