- • ST: Created originally for the PacifiST emulator
• MSA: Created by the compression program Magic Shadow Archiver.
• DIM: Created by the well-known Atari copy program: "FastCopy Pro".
• STT: Created the developers of Steem Engine emulator.
• STX: Created by the PASTI initiative (Atari ST Imaging & Preservation Tools).
• IPF: Created by the Software Preservation Society (SPS).
• CTR: Created by the Software Preservation Society (SPS).
• RAW stream files created by the KryoFLux board.
• SCP: Created by the SuperCard Pro board.
• STG: Steem ST Gost format created by Seagal for Steem SSE
• STW: Steam ST Write format created by Seagal for Steem SSE
• HFE: created for the HxC2001 project
- • Atari basic file format -- covers the ST, MSA, DIM, and STT formats
• Pasti file format
• IPF file format
• Kryoflux raw stream file
In order to help the development of programs that need to use these formats I have created a public domain project called AIR (Atari Image file Reader-writer). The project is available on GitHub. This project is composed of subprojects for specific file formats. Each subproject is composed of source files that illustrate a possible implementation to read and write one particular image file format. The source files are tightly related with the image file format documentation. During reading and writing the program displays a lot of information about the content of the file image. This is valuable to better understand the format and can be used in conjunction with a hexadecimal editors to explore a file content.
Information about AIR can be found on my web.
Currently AIR is composed of the following subprojects:
These programs can be installed using the provided setup file. Once installed they will auto-update using the Microsoft click-once technology.
Please follow instructions provided in the web page