Kryoflux or SCP Images request

A forum about Atari protected floppy disks analysis, preservation, emulation, tools

Moderators: DrCoolZic, Brume

User avatar
DrCoolZic
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Posts: 2144
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:03 pm
Location: France
Contact:

Kryoflux or SCP Images request

Postby DrCoolZic » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:09 am

If anybody can create and publish stream images of .... list following .... Please 5 revolutions images and at least 82 tracks

- Dragonflight
- Realm of the Trolls

AtariZoll
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Posts: 2759
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Kryoflux or SCP Images request

Postby AtariZoll » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:19 am

I don't have any of them, and if would, you would not start this thread :D
Just want to say that I see many of diverse dump requests, starting with Atarimania list, Brume's, mine list, Marcer's , etc. Same titles appear often. That makes me sad, and I think that we will be not able to find some titles at all this way. Simply because nobody active with Ataris, on forums owns them.
Question is: is possible to make hunt for them more effective ? Is there some way to reach old Atari users, who may have those floppies buried somewhere still, and motivate them to dig out, and sell, dump. give away, for goodness of community. Something on Facebook or ... I'm really not experienced in anything like ..
English language is like bad boss on workplace: it expecting from you to strictly follow all, numerous rules, but self bending rules as much likes :mrgreen:

User avatar
Brume
Red eyes
Red eyes
Posts: 4073
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 10:16 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Kryoflux or SCP Images request

Postby Brume » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:18 pm

I have the original version of Realm Of The Trolls (it was sent by Alex/ICS more than ten years ago).
I'll dump it tomorrow night or Saturday ;)

AtariZoll
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Posts: 2759
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Kryoflux or SCP Images request

Postby AtariZoll » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:29 pm

Atarimania and one Atarimaniac want it too :D In STX format, if possible.
English language is like bad boss on workplace: it expecting from you to strictly follow all, numerous rules, but self bending rules as much likes :mrgreen:

User avatar
Brume
Red eyes
Red eyes
Posts: 4073
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 10:16 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Kryoflux or SCP Images request

Postby Brume » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:37 pm

@AtariZoll: You'll get it, no problem ;)

User avatar
DrCoolZic
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Posts: 2144
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:03 pm
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Kryoflux or SCP Images request

Postby DrCoolZic » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:30 pm

AtariZoll wrote:Atarimania and one Atarimaniac want it too :D In STX format, if possible.

Hopefully should be possible to generate with Aufit :)

User avatar
DrCoolZic
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Posts: 2144
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:03 pm
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Kryoflux or SCP Images request

Postby DrCoolZic » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:36 pm

Brume wrote:I have the original version of Realm Of The Trolls (it was sent by Alex/ICS more than ten years ago).
I'll dump it tomorrow night or Saturday ;)

Thanks Brume.
Would be nice to have both KF and SCP (I know you usually do both). I still prefer KF for analysis and SCP is nice to create floppy disk.

I am not clear about what is described by SS in http://ataristeven.t15.org/Steem_370_coming_soon2.htm
Seems like you need to create a FD from original??? But this may only be needed in the cracked version???

If indeed you have to create a FD it would be nice if you can also make an image of the created disk

AtariZoll
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Posts: 2759
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Kryoflux or SCP Images request

Postby AtariZoll » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:42 pm

To clarify some things, and myself forgot it too after 2.5 years: There were STX images of Down at the Trolls, what is same game in fact - online, likely at Atarimania, but was removed, again likely, on my request because errors. I can post it, if DrCoolZic wants to take look.
Second floppy is special format, empty, for saving game states. So, it is protection too. Of course need to image both.
D-bug solved problem by adding some code to create such format floppy - what is not much hard, just sector numbers start at 0, not 1 .
I solved it better - changed floppy access code in game, so it saves on side B of game floppy, what is normal format. MSA image because non-standard bootsector. I don't expect that there will be some interesting copy protection. Unless "Realm" edition is different from "Down" one not only in title .
English language is like bad boss on workplace: it expecting from you to strictly follow all, numerous rules, but self bending rules as much likes :mrgreen:

User avatar
DrCoolZic
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Posts: 2144
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:03 pm
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Kryoflux or SCP Images request

Postby DrCoolZic » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:26 pm

AtariZoll wrote:To clarify some things, and myself forgot it too after 2.5 years: There were STX images of Down at the Trolls, what is same game in fact - online, likely at Atarimania, but was removed, again likely, on my request because errors. I can post it, if DrCoolZic wants to take look.
Second floppy is special format, empty, for saving game states. So, it is protection too. Of course need to image both.
D-bug solved problem by adding some code to create such format floppy - what is not much hard, just sector numbers start at 0, not 1 .
I solved it better - changed floppy access code in game, so it saves on side B of game floppy, what is normal format. MSA image because non-standard bootsector. I don't expect that there will be some interesting copy protection. Unless "Realm" edition is different from "Down" one not only in title .

So original is two disks. And second one is modified after saving game? So how do you keep clean original?
or is there an included generate second floppy?

AtariZoll
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Posts: 2759
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Kryoflux or SCP Images request

Postby AtariZoll » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:43 pm

DrCoolZic wrote:
AtariZoll wrote:To clarify some things, and myself forgot it too after 2.5 years: There were STX images of Down at the Trolls, what is same game in fact - online, likely at Atarimania, but was removed, again likely, on my request because errors. I can post it, if DrCoolZic wants to take look.
Second floppy is special format, empty, for saving game states. So, it is protection too. Of course need to image both.
D-bug solved problem by adding some code to create such format floppy - what is not much hard, just sector numbers start at 0, not 1 .
I solved it better - changed floppy access code in game, so it saves on side B of game floppy, what is normal format. MSA image because non-standard bootsector. I don't expect that there will be some interesting copy protection. Unless "Realm" edition is different from "Down" one not only in title .

So original is two disks. And second one is modified after saving game? So how do you keep clean original?
or is there an included generate second floppy?


Here is screenshot of disk menu:
DownATTDM.png

Updated: When game starts, it asks "Valid game disk" . So, must insert save disk. That would be second copy protection, first one is on track 79 of disk 1, and track read is used.
Option "Copy" in disk menu, shown in pic above is not for copying save disk, just Player data . With option "INIT" can clean disk.
Generating second floppy would make 2nd protection nonsense. It is present only in Automation crack.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
English language is like bad boss on workplace: it expecting from you to strictly follow all, numerous rules, but self bending rules as much likes :mrgreen:

User avatar
Brume
Red eyes
Red eyes
Posts: 4073
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 10:16 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Kryoflux or SCP Images request

Postby Brume » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:21 pm

DrCoolZic wrote:
Brume wrote:I have the original version of Realm Of The Trolls (it was sent by Alex/ICS more than ten years ago).
I'll dump it tomorrow night or Saturday ;)

Thanks Brume.
Would be nice to have both KF and SCP (I know you usually do both). I still prefer KF for analysis and SCP is nice to create floppy disk.


I realize I dumped it almost one year ago :oops:
Here is the link:
https://mega.co.nz/#F!qMk0nZyT!Jll6az4Kl0Bon5wvAVoEwg
(RAW / CTR / STX / SCP)

@DrCoolZic: sorry, .SCP dump isn't 5 rev. It was done when I was starting the process. I'll redo it asap.

User avatar
DrCoolZic
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Posts: 2144
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:03 pm
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Kryoflux or SCP Images request

Postby DrCoolZic » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:03 am

No need if RAW is 5 rev

User avatar
DrCoolZic
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Posts: 2144
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:03 pm
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Kryoflux or SCP Images request

Postby DrCoolZic » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:36 pm

I have looked at Realm of Trolls
There is a strange protection on track 79.0
We have a 4489 sync mark followed by 5224 sync mark the 45 EF
F8 F9 FA FB FC FD FE FF 00 01 02 03 .... ??
At some point we have ... 28 29 30 ... and as we know viewtopic.php?f=104&t=27448
the sequence 28 29 30 is incorrectly interpreted as 28 14 40 by read track with all the following bytes shifted (from data to clock bit)
This continue until the next A1 C2 sequence
and repeat 23 times
t79.0.png

rot-t79-data.PNG


Now about disk B ????
What is it suppose to do? does not seems protected?
I have tried to play the game on Steem. It ask for disk B loads correctly but during play I get three bombs?

How do you get to the disk menu?
Is disk B sampled the disk created by the utility? or provided originally?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

AtariZoll
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Posts: 2759
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Kryoflux or SCP Images request

Postby AtariZoll » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:01 am

Realm of the Trolls aka Down at the Trolls:
Now I have STX images of both. Beside diff. in name I see only diff that by Down ... there is sector #1 again at end of track - but that's most likely just harmless error by imaging. You can use disk 2 of other edition without problem.

There is copy protection in track 79, and it works well in Steem.

Disk B is actually protected in special way: as I already said (bot as usual, no one notices my wise words :lol: ) it uses not standard sector
#s - from 0 to 8 . You can not start game if not insert such floppy, and therefore you can not create (init, format) such save disk .

There is bug with 4 MB RAM - will crash when enter disk menu . (Not rare case of running over 4MB address space in code, what causes bus error).

Because that sector #s on disk B, you can not really use save disk in Steem or Steem SSE (without STX write extension) - you can not format such image, nor can write to STX, or STT (what is OK for disk B) .

Ah, and bad news for Steven S. : I tried disk init with STW image, and it fails on track 79 (Boiler VC9 3.70B), despite it ate 2.1 MB of my precious disk space :lol:
English language is like bad boss on workplace: it expecting from you to strictly follow all, numerous rules, but self bending rules as much likes :mrgreen:

User avatar
DrCoolZic
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Posts: 2144
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:03 pm
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Kryoflux or SCP Images request

Postby DrCoolZic » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:14 am

Thanks for the information. So disk B is just using sector number 0-8 - not very strong protection!

Still not sure why new STW format is needed to support that :?:

AtariZoll
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Posts: 2759
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Kryoflux or SCP Images request

Postby AtariZoll » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:28 am

DrCoolZic wrote:...
Still not sure why new STW format is needed to support that :?:

As said, can not write to STX or STT images in Steem. And you can not image disk B with ST or MSA format.
English language is like bad boss on workplace: it expecting from you to strictly follow all, numerous rules, but self bending rules as much likes :mrgreen:

User avatar
DrCoolZic
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Posts: 2144
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:03 pm
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Kryoflux or SCP Images request

Postby DrCoolZic » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:34 am

I am confuse I thought this would be the role of STG? in Steem
and .wd1772 in Hatari?

User avatar
Steven Seagal
Atari God
Atari God
Posts: 1897
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:12 am
Location: Undisclosed
Contact:

Re: Kryoflux or SCP Images request

Postby Steven Seagal » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:34 pm

AtariZoll wrote:Ah, and bad news for Steven S. : I tried disk init with STW image, and it fails on track 79 (Boiler VC9 3.70B), despite it ate 2.1 MB of my precious disk space :lol:


Hi, the d-bug version works, could you send me the STX images so I see what's wrong (If I got this right?)
And if it leads to debugging/improvement, it's good news. :)

DrCoolZic wrote:Still not sure why new STW format is needed to support that :?:


STW format supports creation of a fancy format data disc by the d-bug version, not sure yet about the STX version.

AtariZoll
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Posts: 2759
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Kryoflux or SCP Images request

Postby AtariZoll » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:24 pm

English language is like bad boss on workplace: it expecting from you to strictly follow all, numerous rules, but self bending rules as much likes :mrgreen:

User avatar
Steven Seagal
Atari God
Atari God
Posts: 1897
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:12 am
Location: Undisclosed
Contact:

Re: Kryoflux or SCP Images request

Postby Steven Seagal » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:07 am

Thx.
Yes there was a bug, not in STW format itself, but in the WD1772/drive emu that handles it.
It was stuck because the index pulse event was never called. :roll:
EDIT: more precisely, it was a PSG (drive select) issue, it also affected Delirious 3.
Now all the trolls will be happy, as they can create a STW datadisc. :)
And BTW it's a matter for a full disk, not a ghost disk, just like the d-bug version.

User avatar
Steven Seagal
Atari God
Atari God
Posts: 1897
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:12 am
Location: Undisclosed
Contact:

Re: Kryoflux or SCP Images request

Postby Steven Seagal » Thu May 14, 2015 7:50 pm

As an update, while the dbug version works with a STW disk, the original (STX...) doesn't really.
It creates the disk alright, back to menu (I stopped there, I was wrong...), try to actually play a level and it fails.

Same problem on real STE with HxC device, using Brume's SCP images converted to HFE.

Or should you do anything else beside clicking on "init"?

User avatar
dlfrsilver
Atari God
Atari God
Posts: 1393
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:41 am
Contact:

Re: Kryoflux or SCP Images request

Postby dlfrsilver » Wed May 27, 2015 12:55 pm

Oh the copy protection on realm of the trolls is named 'ST counter key'. It's made of 23 blocs as stated earlier.
Now SPS France representative since the 19th of June 2014. Proud to be an SPS member !

User avatar
DrCoolZic
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Posts: 2144
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:03 pm
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Kryoflux or SCP Images request

Postby DrCoolZic » Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:32 pm

  • after the war

Kryoflux images 5 rev thanks

User avatar
DrCoolZic
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Posts: 2144
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:03 pm
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Kryoflux or SCP Images request

Postby DrCoolZic » Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:50 pm

dlfrsilver wrote:Oh the copy protection on realm of the trolls is named 'ST counter key'. It's made of 23 blocs as stated earlier.

Thanks useful information. Hard to detect by analysis program but easy to check on real Atari with read track

User avatar
DrCoolZic
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Posts: 2144
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:03 pm
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Kryoflux or SCP Images request

Postby DrCoolZic » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:49 am

Request for AttariZoll :)

Would it be possible for you to look at what is tested on Realm of Trolls disk 1 track 79.
Here is what I have written in the next release of my protection doc
Track 79.0 of disk 1 has very well hidden data. This track does not even have a normal sequence of three sync marks. It is therefore very hard for an analyzer to detect it.
The track is written as blocks with the following content:
 a sequence of 245 bytes: 00 01 02 03 04 … EF F0 F1 F2 F3 F4
 a sequence of 2 sync marks: 4489 5224
 a sequence of 10 bytes: 45 EF F8 F9 FA FB FC FD FE FF
This block content is written 23 times with no GAP byte in between.
On Atari we can only use the read track command to read the content. The bytes before the first sync mark sequence are somewhat random, the sync sequence is read as 0B C2 and the bytes 45 EF F8 F9 FA FB FC FD FE FF are read correctly. After this sequence we have the sequence of 245 bytes ranging from 00 to F4. But if you remember correctly during read track the sync detector is turned on at all time and the sequence 28 29 is incorrectly detected as a 5224 sync mark (see False sync mark detection). The byte 28 is therefore read as 14 and all the bytes after this false sync are read incorrectly (but always with the same values) until the next 4489 sync mark.

What is actually tested by the program?
I guess 0B C2 45 EF F8 F9 FA FB FC FD FE FF
but may be more ???

Thanks


Social Media

     

Return to “Floppy Disk Preservation”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest