AUFIT Program

A forum about Atari protected floppy disks analysis, preservation, emulation, tools

Moderators: DrCoolZic, Brume

User avatar
Maartau
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Posts: 2592
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:15 am
Location: France

Re: AUFIT Program

Postby Maartau » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:28 pm

DrCoolZic wrote:New release of Aufit v1.2 August 12, 2015

:cheers:

Jean : will you release a stand alone version for this release, or maybe in the next versions ?
Member of :
- aTaRi LeGeNd ,
- eLiTe ! ,
- NoExTrA .

Don't hesitate to visit http://www.atarimania.com/ & http://www.atarilegend.com/ :D

-> Slowed due to serious health troubles <-

User avatar
DrCoolZic
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Posts: 2144
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:03 pm
Location: France
Contact:

Re: AUFIT Program

Postby DrCoolZic » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:22 pm

goto http://info-coach.fr/atari/software/pc- ... p#download
and click Aufit portable link it contains => Aufit + BatchAufit + dll + doc

User avatar
Maartau
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Posts: 2592
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:15 am
Location: France

Re: AUFIT Program

Postby Maartau » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:56 pm

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

:D :D :D
Member of :
- aTaRi LeGeNd ,
- eLiTe ! ,
- NoExTrA .

Don't hesitate to visit http://www.atarimania.com/ & http://www.atarilegend.com/ :D

-> Slowed due to serious health troubles <-

User avatar
DrCoolZic
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Posts: 2144
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:03 pm
Location: France
Contact:

Re: AUFIT Program

Postby DrCoolZic » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:20 am

Jeff_HxC2001 wrote:
DrCoolZic wrote:PS I have tested reading DM with HxC floppy emulator and the content of sector 7 seems to be correctly decoded. However the .stx file generated is incorrect (seems like HxC does not handle fuzzy bytes in STX?).


Y a qu'a demander ;)

Here is the latest version with the STX fuzzy bytes export support :

http://hxc2001.com/download/floppy_driv ... t_beta.zip

The STX created from the Dungeon Master SCP dump work perfectly with Steem.


Excellent I just tested and works perfectly.

However I have few questions:

  • The number of fuzzy bytes detected by HxCFloppyEmulator 2.1.1.0 on DM/CSB is around 176. This seems a very high number. Aufit 1.1 was detecting fuzzy bytes by just comparing two revolutions and the number was around 30-40. Gothmog pointed out that Pasti imager was usually generating around 70-90 fuzzy bytes in the mask. So new version 1.2 of Aufit now combines all fuzzy bytes by comparing one revolution with ALL other revolutions and indeed the number is now around 70-90.
    Can you explain why you find such a high number of fuzzy bytes? This is not really a problem just a question.
  • The .stx file generated by HxCFloppyEmulator does not contains track data and this results in a .stx file with a small size of about 415KB. In the case of DM/CSB this is correct and actually perfect.
    The question is the following: knowing when to generate track data (used by read track) is extremely difficult in some cases. For that reason the latest versions of Pasti imager ALWAYS generates track data (to be on the safe side). Only the Ijor personal version of the Pasti imager (using the Discovery Cartridge hardware) had the capability to generate .stx without track data. In released Aufit the track data are also always generated. Gothmog just tested Aufit v1.3 with the capability to manually indicate not to generate track data. Should be able to do that automatically on a track basis when "master analysis" will be implemented in Aufit.
    In HxCFloppyEmulator when/how do you decide not to generate track data?
  • related question: stx format support an optimization of not writing sector data when already present in the track data. Aufit support this capability which is a pain to implement but allows to generate smaller file. Does HxCFloppyEmulator support it? Again not a problem just a question

By the way HxCFloppyEmulator DPLL seems to be be doing quite a good job, apparently better than Aufit in one marginal test case :mrgreen:

User avatar
DrCoolZic
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Posts: 2144
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:03 pm
Location: France
Contact:

Re: AUFIT Program

Postby DrCoolZic » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:00 am

Well actually it seems that HxCFloppyEmulator never(?) write track data???

I just tested on dragonflight that hides data into gap. HxCFloppyEmulator does not generates track data and when trying to use the generated stx file you get a Pasti Warning "read track attempted without track info" and if you ignore program loop forever

So I would suggest that you default to always write track data :roll:

Jeff_HxC2001
Captain Atari
Captain Atari
Posts: 309
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:35 pm
Location: Paris - France
Contact:

Re: AUFIT Program

Postby Jeff_HxC2001 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:47 pm

DrCoolZic wrote:
  • The number of fuzzy bytes detected by HxCFloppyEmulator 2.1.1.0 on DM/CSB is around 176. This seems a very high number. Aufit 1.1 was detecting fuzzy bytes by just comparing two revolutions and the number was around 30-40. Gothmog pointed out that Pasti imager was usually generating around 70-90 fuzzy bytes in the mask. So new version 1.2 of Aufit now combines all fuzzy bytes by comparing one revolution with ALL other revolutions and indeed the number is now around 70-90.
    Can you explain why you find such a high number of fuzzy bytes? This is not really a problem just a question.


I don't know why there are such differences. What i know is that i got the exactly the same fuzzy byte mask of a DM STX generated with the Pasti imager in 2007.

DrCoolZic wrote:
  • The .stx file generated by HxCFloppyEmulator does not contains track data and this results in a .stx file with a small size of about 415KB. In the case of DM/CSB this is correct and actually perfect.
    The question is the following: knowing when to generate track data (used by read track) is extremely difficult in some cases. For that reason the latest versions of Pasti imager ALWAYS generates track data (to be on the safe side). Only the Ijor personal version of the Pasti imager (using the Discovery Cartridge hardware) had the capability to generate .stx without track data. In released Aufit the track data are also always generated. Gothmog just tested Aufit v1.3 with the capability to manually indicate not to generate track data. Should be able to do that automatically on a track basis when "master analysis" will be implemented in Aufit.
    In HxCFloppyEmulator when/how do you decide not to generate track data?
  • related question: stx format support an optimization of not writing sector data when already present in the track data. Aufit support this capability which is a pain to implement but allows to generate smaller file. Does HxCFloppyEmulator support it? Again not a problem just a question


  • The STX track write is not done yet. I will add this soon.

    DrCoolZic wrote:By the way HxCFloppyEmulator DPLL seems to be be doing quite a good job, apparently better than Aufit in one marginal test case :mrgreen:


    I have no choice, the DPLL / decoding stages must be as good as possible.

    User avatar
    DrCoolZic
    Fuji Shaped Bastard
    Fuji Shaped Bastard
    Posts: 2144
    Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:03 pm
    Location: France
    Contact:

    Re: AUFIT Program

    Postby DrCoolZic » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:28 pm

    New release v1.3 of Aufit and BatchAufit -- October 21, 2015

    Main features are: KF RAW / CTR writer, Database improvement, new options, bugs fix

    Detail:
    • Major change in the Database -- Typical size of database after Read/Process image is now down to 650 MB instead of 900 MB
    • While reading/processing file the button matrix is now disabled to avoid problems
    • Fix added tool tips to reflect changes
    • In flux transition graph when flux limit is checked, a flux transition bigger than 10000 µs is displayed as big black dots at the border of graph. This indicates the presence of flux transitions beyond the graph limit.
    • Color usage in transition chart has changed:
    Normal mode: normal=blue, red=violation, green=border
    Unformatted in black
    Odd/even mode: blue/red
    • Added Odd/Even checkbox for flux transition chart
    • Added Average checkbox for Clock chart
    • Hack in DPLL to correctly read DM fuzzy bits
    • Added call to DTC.EXE (if present in Aufit executable directory) to automatically write .ctr file from generated KF Raw files.
    • Added KF stream Raw file writer
    • Short/long sectors are now 4% above/below normal instead of 3%
    • Fixed Alternate Realty bug (JMD & DF checking + limit OBB line + stx)
    • Added checkbox that allow to not generate Track Data in stx file
    • Fixed bug of ISS sometimes incorrectly detected.

    If you have installed with setup just click the update button this should download and install new version.
    Otherwise for portable version visit http://info-coach.fr/atari/software/pc- ... p#download

    If you want to convert scp file to RAW/CTR files you need to place the dtc.exe file in the Aufit directory (otherwise ctr will not be produced). Sorry but I do not think I am allowed to distrubute dtc software so go to Kryoflux site to get latest.
    Read the documentation :)

    User avatar
    Maartau
    Fuji Shaped Bastard
    Fuji Shaped Bastard
    Posts: 2592
    Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:15 am
    Location: France

    Re: AUFIT Program

    Postby Maartau » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:31 pm

    Hi,

    Thanks for the good work : any standalone version planned for the v1.3 + batch ?
    Member of :
    - aTaRi LeGeNd ,
    - eLiTe ! ,
    - NoExTrA .

    Don't hesitate to visit http://www.atarimania.com/ & http://www.atarilegend.com/ :D

    -> Slowed due to serious health troubles <-

    User avatar
    DrCoolZic
    Fuji Shaped Bastard
    Fuji Shaped Bastard
    Posts: 2144
    Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:03 pm
    Location: France
    Contact:

    Re: AUFIT Program

    Postby DrCoolZic » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:38 pm

    As indicated it is here :)

    DrCoolZic wrote:Otherwise for portable version visit http://info-coach.fr/atari/software/pc- ... p#download

    User avatar
    Maartau
    Fuji Shaped Bastard
    Fuji Shaped Bastard
    Posts: 2592
    Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:15 am
    Location: France

    Re: AUFIT Program

    Postby Maartau » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:27 pm

    Maartau wrote:Hi,

    Thanks for the good work : any standalone version planned for the v1.3 + batch ?


    DrCoolZic wrote:As indicated it is here :)
    Otherwise for portable version visit http://info-coach.fr/atari/software/pc- ... p#download


    Latest available portable version is 1.2 for the moment :) .
    Member of :
    - aTaRi LeGeNd ,
    - eLiTe ! ,
    - NoExTrA .

    Don't hesitate to visit http://www.atarimania.com/ & http://www.atarilegend.com/ :D

    -> Slowed due to serious health troubles <-

    User avatar
    Avanze
    Captain Atari
    Captain Atari
    Posts: 174
    Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2003 1:49 am
    Location: State College, PA

    Re: AUFIT Program

    Postby Avanze » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:34 pm


    User avatar
    DrCoolZic
    Fuji Shaped Bastard
    Fuji Shaped Bastard
    Posts: 2144
    Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:03 pm
    Location: France
    Contact:

    Re: AUFIT Program

    Postby DrCoolZic » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:44 pm

    oops
    Fixed
    Thanks

    User avatar
    Maartau
    Fuji Shaped Bastard
    Fuji Shaped Bastard
    Posts: 2592
    Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:15 am
    Location: France

    Re: AUFIT Program

    Postby Maartau » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:46 pm

    Perfect, thanks for all :cheers: .
    Member of :
    - aTaRi LeGeNd ,
    - eLiTe ! ,
    - NoExTrA .

    Don't hesitate to visit http://www.atarimania.com/ & http://www.atarilegend.com/ :D

    -> Slowed due to serious health troubles <-

    User avatar
    kodak80
    Captain Atari
    Captain Atari
    Posts: 448
    Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:05 am
    Location: Brisbane, Australia
    Contact:

    Re: AUFIT Program

    Postby kodak80 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:47 am

    Thanks DrCoolZic. A really useful tool and it is getting even better. :cheers:
    Atari Falcon 030 | Atari 1040 STE | Atari 1040 STFM | Atari 1040 STF | Kryoflux & Supercard Pro Flux boards
    Admin of Atari ST Review Magazine Archive: http://www.ataristreview.com


    Social Media

         

    Return to “Floppy Disk Preservation”

    Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests