CosmosEx and VanillaMint

News, questions and bugs reports about CosmosEx by Jookie. Now we have a Raspberry Pi in our machines!

Moderators: Jookie, Moderator Team

mgarnett
Atarian
Atarian

CosmosEx and VanillaMint

Postby mgarnett » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:11 pm

Hi All,

Apologies if this is a dumb question.

I have been successfully using CosmosEx in single TOS for a couple of years now. However, now I want to explore using multi-tasking operating systems and so decided to install VanillaMint on my TT (I am using the ACSI CosmosEx).

After installing VM, I can still access the drives I have on the internal SD card, however, I can no longer access the shared drive or the configuration drive. When I open the FreeMint folder on the desktop, I can see folders have been created for those two drives, but attempting to access them produces a path not found error.

Both my CE_DD and CE_Sting Program’s are still in the auto folder and run successfully on boot.

I am assuming I need to add the eth0 interface into a configuration file somewhere in VM, but I have no idea where.

Is anybody able to help?

Cheers

Mark

joska
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Re: CosmosEx and VanillaMint

Postby joska » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:20 am

I don't know the CE driver work, but if it works by hooking into the GEMDOS trap you might have to run CE_DD after MiNT in the autofolder, as MiNT does not call the old TOS GEMDOS.
Jo Even

VanillaMiNT - Firebee - Falcon060 - Milan060 - Falcon040 - MIST - Mega ST - STM - STE - Amiga 600 - Sharp MZ700 - MSX - Amstrad CPC - C64

stormy
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby stormy » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:31 am

I recommend upgrading the kernel to the latest from GitHub, I think they fixed some gemdos compatibility recently which solved some of my problems.
Falcon CT60e 060 - 256mb ram - Phantom bus and DSP accelerated // Atari TT - Thunder and Storm IDE 64mb ram - Lightning VME - USB LAN - ATI Mach64 2mb

joska
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby joska » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:52 am

In that case not only the kernel, but all kernel modules (*.km, *.xdd, *.xfs, *.xif) must be updated too.
Jo Even

VanillaMiNT - Firebee - Falcon060 - Milan060 - Falcon040 - MIST - Mega ST - STM - STE - Amiga 600 - Sharp MZ700 - MSX - Amstrad CPC - C64

mgarnett
Atarian
Atarian

Postby mgarnett » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:59 pm

Thank you for the help, I have updated the CosmosEx device and also tried running CE_DD after VM in the Auto folder, but neither solved the problem, I still cannot access the network or configuration drive in VM. As soon as I remove VM from Auto and reboot to regular TOS, everything works fine, just not when VM is running.

Any other ideas?

If VM does not work, is there a different multitasking operating system that I can use that works OK with CosmosEX?

Thanks

Mark

mikro
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby mikro » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:47 pm

Trouble with MagiC and FreeMiNT is that they replace GEMDOS. Which CE_DD is bending to its needs. It's on the TODO list but as usual, spare time is the issue here.

Social Media

Return to “CosmosEx”