Not running on my STFM

News, questions and bugs reports about CosmosEx by Jookie. Now we have a Raspberry Pi in our machines!

Moderators: Jookie, Moderator Team

Sowden
Atari freak
Atari freak

Not running on my STFM

Postby Sowden » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:20 am

Hey guys. So I bought a STFM last week and I wanted it to house my CosmosEx v1.0. I have it working great on my STF (with Main version 2017-4-13, when I upgrade things just fail, but thats the start of another thread). I'm using Raspian as the linux framework. When I plug it all in, I can never get it to boot CE_DD. I always get green desktop with floppy drives or I will get a "CD boot..." and it will hang there forever. It boots like normal on my STF, but hangs/fails on my STFM. Anyone have any ideas on something I can try to get it working? Thanks.

Dal
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Not running on my STFM

Postby Dal » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:06 am

Couple of things to look at:

1. What version of TOS do you have in the STFM? TOS 1.04 is the best version to use when you have mass storage devices.
2. Have you tried a warm reset? It takes a bit of time for the Pi to boot its OS completely and you may just find your ST’s cold boot completes just a little too fast. Try booting up, then reset the machine rather than power cycle it.
Mega"SST" 12, MegaSTE, STE: Desktopper case, IDE interface, UltraSatan (8GB + 512Mb) + HXC floppy emulator. Plus some STE's/STFM's

Sowden
Atari freak
Atari freak

Re: Not running on my STFM

Postby Sowden » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:20 pm

1. Both my STF and STFM are TOS 1.02. My STF was originally 1.00 so I had to upgrade the machine to get it to work properly. Do you think I need to have my STFM at 1.04 for it to work?
2. Yeah you have to wait until the CosomsEx orange lights turn off, blinks a blue light, then nothing. Also the audio "dings" stop ringing which is your audio cue. But yeah I had the CE hooked up to a monitor and waited until it stopped running code before I did a warm reset. Thats when I would either get a green desktop or it would hang on "CE boot..."

Social Media

Return to “CosmosEx”