CTRL ALT DEL reboots Pi

News, questions and bugs reports about CosmosEx by Jookie. Now we have a Raspberry Pi in our machines!

Moderators: Jookie, Moderator Team

kolli
Atari User
Atari User

CTRL ALT DEL reboots Pi

Postby kolli » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:45 am

Hello,

yesterday I tested connecting USB keyboard to CE with IKBD injection. Works fine but pressing CTRL ALT DEL not only reboots the Atari, but also the Pi in the CE (Raspbian based CE).

This results in awful key klicking sounds during startup of the Atari and some features like shared drive not working, when TOS is up and running. Have to reset again to get things going.

I think, one could change that behaviour by configuring the Raspbian to not respond to that keypresses. Someone out there with any idea where to search for a config "switch"?

tin
Atari freak
Atari freak

Re: CTRL ALT DEL reboots Pi

Postby tin » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:03 pm

The team is currently working on that - it's solved, but needs a last testing.
See https://github.com/atarijookie/ce-atari/issues/134 there's also some hint how to solve this until the next update.

kolli
Atari User
Atari User

Postby kolli » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:41 pm

tin wrote:The team is currently working on that - it's solved, but needs a last testing.
See https://github.com/atarijookie/ce-atari/issues/134 there's also some hint how to solve this until the next update.

Okay, I understood the workaround for disabling CAD in Raspbian. Will do that.

kolli
Atari User
Atari User

Postby kolli » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:51 pm

Replacing /lib/systemd/system/ctrl-alt-del.target by a symbolic link to /dev/null did the job for me.
I don't care about all keyboard input going to the PI's console until your fix is released.

Social Media

Return to “CosmosEx”