Web browsing with CosmosEx?

News, questions and bugs reports about CosmosEx by Jookie. Now we have a Raspberry Pi in our machines!

Moderators: Jookie, Moderator Team

Tillek
Atarian
Atarian

Re: Web browsing with CosmosEx?

Postby Tillek » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:48 am

So copying it into Auto seemed to work better?

I'm trying to get it working since I think I'm going to keep the CosmosEx permanently (more or less) connected to my TT... (I tried hooking it up to the MegaSTE to back up the BBS and.... I almost thought I trashed the real physical HD)...

But it seems to work great on the TT030 through ACSI (even if I hook up the BBS' hard drive tower to it for backing up on the SCSI chain).... If I can get it working I can use the Daynaport elsewhere (the BBS machine has an EtherNec)

My issue right now is that I can ping from the Pi... but not from the TT030. It identifies the driver when the ping program starts, and the CE_STING reports that it found the CosmosEx ok... but the ping reports 100% packet loss (and nothing else works).

(I'm using regular TOS for all this... never really got MiNT working... that's my next project).

Any ideas?

leech
Atari God
Atari God

Postby leech » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:27 pm

MiggyMog wrote:That would be cool, I had the same idea, but you actually have the skill to make it happen! (in fullscreen ;-))

So I'm thinking Squid. Caching web proxy. Could probably even write some extensions to it to make websites Atari friendly, then You'd have everything redirected to the browser on the ST. Pretty sure that wouldn't be too difficult (stripping out all the crap might be harder, but not impossible)

I may have a play around and see if that'll work.
Atari 8Bits: 800xl, 600xl, XEGS, 800, 130xe, 130xe (VBXE, U1MB, Stereo POKEY)
Atari STs: 1040STf (broken shifter), 1040STe, Mega STe, TT030, Falcon (CT60e, SuperVidel)

Bikerbob
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Bikerbob » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:42 pm

I am still trying to get this to work.

I am using a Mega STE 4mb machine.

I have Cab 2.7 and Cab 1.5 - There was an overlay in 1.5 that seems to work with the Fake STing -- so I can get working with both using that .ovl.

I crash often and many things are screwy, but I think that is what it is.. not much to do about it. I can google, trying to figure out how to get gmail to do basic html display.. I know it can.. just need to configure it before the browser crashes.

My big issue or what I would like to do is get Atariirc working. I can get telnet, irc.tos, cab, etc.. all to access the net.. maybe not work perfect, but I cannot get Atariirc to work. Any help would be much appreciated.

James

arf
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

Postby arf » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:32 pm

joska wrote:The only realistic solution is to render the webpage as a bitmap on a proxy server of some sort, and then display this bitmap on the Atari. With the CosmosEx and it's ACSI/SCSI interface this would be fast enough for animations and even basic video.

A proxy like wrp could help.

nanard

Postby nanard » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:54 pm

arf wrote:
joska wrote:The only realistic solution is to render the webpage as a bitmap on a proxy server of some sort, and then display this bitmap on the Atari. With the CosmosEx and it's ACSI/SCSI interface this would be fast enough for animations and even basic video.

A proxy like wrp could help.

Looks pretty cool. Does CAB supports proxies ?
We could also build a transparent proxy feature in the CosmosEx FakeSting (on the RPi side)
4MB STE + CosmosEx /|\ MegaST4 + MegaFile 44 /|\ Stacy 4

Dal
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Dal » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:35 am

Developer is Tenox7.

I wonder if that’s our Tenox??
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=20974
Mega"SST" 12, MegaSTE, STE: Desktopper case, IDE interface, UltraSatan (8GB + 512Mb) + HXC floppy emulator. Plus some STE's/STFM's

mikro
Atari God
Atari God

Postby mikro » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:36 am

Dal wrote:Developer is Tenox7.

I wonder if that’s our Tenox??
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=20974

Yup, Antoni Sawicki.

nanard

Postby nanard » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:05 pm

good guy, he already merged a pull request of mine ;)

Bikerbob
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Bikerbob » Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:49 am

Ok I am going to continue in this thread since it is mine..

CE_STING.PRG what can you get to work with it??

I cannot get AtarIRC or fracIRC ASH email will not work with it(though I cannot get the program to work period so this might not be the stack)

I can get a REALLY OLD 1989 IRC to work, I can get TELNET to work. I cannot get an telecommunications programs to work.. though I am not sure if they work with any STing Stack. Like NeoCOM or STalker.

This is very frustrating.. I can ping the ST.. THE ST can talk to the Jookie server for the software. As I said some softwares work.. so this has to be differences between what Jookie wrote in CE_STING and what the original STing is like.

I am not a coder, or a code troubleshooter, so I have no idea where to look.. anyone got these programs working??

nanard

Postby nanard » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:17 am

@Bikerbob: When I get some time I can try to debug. Please add link to the software that doesn't work with exact version, etc.

Social Media

Return to “CosmosEx”