Web browsing with CosmosEx?

News, questions and bugs reports about CosmosEx by Jookie. Now we have a Raspberry Pi in our machines!

Moderators: Jookie, Moderator Team

Tillek
Atarian
Atarian

Re: Web browsing with CosmosEx?

Postby Tillek » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:48 am

So copying it into Auto seemed to work better?

I'm trying to get it working since I think I'm going to keep the CosmosEx permanently (more or less) connected to my TT... (I tried hooking it up to the MegaSTE to back up the BBS and.... I almost thought I trashed the real physical HD)...

But it seems to work great on the TT030 through ACSI (even if I hook up the BBS' hard drive tower to it for backing up on the SCSI chain).... If I can get it working I can use the Daynaport elsewhere (the BBS machine has an EtherNec)

My issue right now is that I can ping from the Pi... but not from the TT030. It identifies the driver when the ping program starts, and the CE_STING reports that it found the CosmosEx ok... but the ping reports 100% packet loss (and nothing else works).

(I'm using regular TOS for all this... never really got MiNT working... that's my next project).

Any ideas?

leech
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Re: Web browsing with CosmosEx?

Postby leech » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:27 pm

MiggyMog wrote:That would be cool, I had the same idea, but you actually have the skill to make it happen! (in fullscreen ;-))

So I'm thinking Squid. Caching web proxy. Could probably even write some extensions to it to make websites Atari friendly, then You'd have everything redirected to the browser on the ST. Pretty sure that wouldn't be too difficult (stripping out all the crap might be harder, but not impossible)

I may have a play around and see if that'll work.
Atari 8Bits: 800xl, 600xl, XEGS, 800, 130xe, 130xe (fully upgraded (soon!))
Atari STs: 1040STf (broken shifter), 1040STe, Mega STe, TT030, Falcon (CT60e, SuperVidel)

Social Media

Return to “CosmosEx”