SuperCard Pro Firmware

Moderators: DrCoolZic, Moderator Team

JimDrew
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

SuperCard Pro Firmware

Postby JimDrew » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:44 pm

The latest firmware (v0.6) has just been released. You can find the firmware updater here:

http://www.cbmstuff.com/downloads.htm

For information on how the firmware update works, see here:

http://www.cbmstuff.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=34

v0.6 adds support for reading and writing "no flux areas", known as strongbits protection for the Amiga, and NFA protection for the Atari ST.

Please note that this firmware update manipulates the bootloader pointers and an unsuccessful update of the 3rd step of the process CAN result in the bricking your board! If you receive a message saying there was a failure in Step 3, DO NOT power off your board - try flashing the board again. You can recover from a failure in steps 1 and 2. The only reason for a failure would be if the USB cable came unplugged in the middle of the update. But since the update takes less than 2 seconds, I don't think there should be an issue with that.
I am the flux ninja

JimDrew
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Re: SuperCard Pro Firmware

Postby JimDrew » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:54 pm

A new version of the firmware has been released.

V0.7 adds support for routines needed for the drive/disk utilities that were added with the v1.00 official release version.

See first post in this thread for info on updating the firmware.
I am the flux ninja

JimDrew
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby JimDrew » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:22 am

V0.8 adds support for having a no flux area at the start of the revolution and the entire revolution.

I am the flux ninja

JimDrew
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby JimDrew » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:33 pm

V0.9 fixes a bug I introduced when the NFA support was added. Tracks were written too long with firmware v0.6 through v0.8!

I am the flux ninja

JimDrew
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby JimDrew » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:33 pm

V1.0 adds full support for both serial ports so that either can control the SCP board completely. Baud rates from 300 baud to 1.25 megabaud are supported. Many people have requested to have this finished so they could use microcontrollers to drive the SCP and make copy stations... it's done now and works great!

I am the flux ninja

JimDrew
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby JimDrew » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:44 am

V1.1 has been released. When I fixed the write length issue in v.9 (writing a track 25ns too long), I broke the no flux area support completely! This version fixes that.
I am the flux ninja

JimDrew
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby JimDrew » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:16 pm

V1.2 has been released. I have been working on new firmware for several months and have been accidentally using the beta firmware for flashing boards that are being shipped! The code works fine as the experimental firmware portion has to do with an upcoming set of features, but it did change the bootloader. So, if you received a board since May 2015 that was v1.1, it will brick if you tried to use the v1.1 updater on it. Why you would update to the same version is a mystery to me, but somebody did and that is how I found this problem.

So... the v1.2 updater creates a method where the bootloader can be updated. The only actual change between v1.1 and v1.2 (beside the bootloader fix for future versions) was a table was cleared when using the serial ports for controlling the SCP.
I am the flux ninja

Social Media

Return to “SuperCard Pro Disk Copier”