Area for discussing ST(E) clones

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, Greenious, spiny, Moderator Team

Symoon
Atari freak
Atari freak

MIST and ST cartridge (and Oric)

Postby Symoon » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:43 am

Hi,
I'm wondering if I'm not going to leave the "real hardware" for newer machines or emulation.
As I still have programs with dongles, my question is: is there any chance that, some day, a MIST version appears with both MIDI plugs AND a hardware cartridge plug for the hardware dongles? (Cubase, Synthworks M1).
I'd buy it instantly.

Also, is there any Oric emulation in the works for MiST?

Thanks!

ericgus
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Re: MIST and ST cartridge (and Oric)

Postby ericgus » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:27 am

Symoon wrote:Hi,
I'm wondering if I'm not going to leave the "real hardware" for newer machines or emulation.
As I still have programs with dongles, my question is: is there any chance that, some day, a MIST version appears with both MIDI plugs AND a hardware cartridge plug for the hardware dongles? (Cubase, Synthworks M1).
I'd buy it instantly.

Also, is there any Oric emulation in the works for MiST?

Thanks!

Cartridge support is unlikely as thats very specific to one type of system the MiST can recreate.. more likely (though this is pure speculation on my part) maybe? see some kind of gpio generic "header" that people (core developers) can create system specific addon boards for things like cartridges.. etc.. though you are probably more likely to see someone export the cartridge contents into a file and develop a core that can read it (assuming the cart has just data on it and not some specialized hardware).

Symoon
Atari freak
Atari freak

Re: MIST and ST cartridge (and Oric)

Postby Symoon » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:31 am

Thanks.
I think there's a hardware part in the Steinberg dongles, at least I already tried to image them years ago, with no result in emulators.
I'll have tokeep the STs then ;)

Social Media

Return to “ST(E) Clones (Suska / MiST)”