MiST wiki EmuTOS image version update?

Area for discussing ST(E) clones

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, Greenious, spiny, Moderator Team

farvardin
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Re: MiST wiki EmuTOS image version update?

Postby farvardin » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:43 pm

thank you for the clarification. I managed to make it work on Amiga core using the A1000 settings in MiST.

What I don't understand is I can't any longer run any EmuTOS rom for Atari ST from the latest snapshot (or even older emutos) on my MiST. Depending on the version all I get is a "booting...", or a black screen or it completely hangs the MiST (need hard reset).

Eero Tamminen
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Eero Tamminen » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:38 pm

BlankVector wrote:I see that the above wiki page is modifiable by any GitHub user. Eero, can you please update that page with more recent and accurate information about EmuTOS, if MiST people are OK for that?

I'll get GitHub account at some point when I want to put something there myself, but currently I don't have one.

(I pull EmuTOS sources from GibHub anonymously.)

BlankVector
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby BlankVector » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:28 pm

Eero Tamminen wrote:This: https://github.com/mist-devel/mist-boar ... ingStarted

Still says "(some recent cores fail with EmuTOS, please use standard TOS instead until this is fixed)".
Is there still some bug in MiST that prevents it working with newer EmuTOS versions?

@MasterOfGizmo: Can you please answer that?
And if the all problems are solved, can you please update that wiki page? I can also fix your wiki page myself, if you like. But I'm not much aware about MiST stuff.

vebxenon
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby vebxenon » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:13 pm

BlankVector wrote:
Eero Tamminen wrote:This: https://github.com/mist-devel/mist-boar ... ingStarted

Still says "(some recent cores fail with EmuTOS, please use standard TOS instead until this is fixed)".
Is there still some bug in MiST that prevents it working with newer EmuTOS versions?

@MasterOfGizmo: Can you please answer that?
And if the all problems are solved, can you please update that wiki page? I can also fix your wiki page myself, if you like. But I'm not much aware about MiST stuff.

I've tested last EMUTOS 0.9.8, 192KB version and it runs well. But seems that progress and news on ST core are being... abandoned :( :( :( No answers recently, and no new progress on core since 1 year ago.

Eero Tamminen
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Eero Tamminen » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:18 pm

While ancient EmuTOS versions were much slower than real TOS at booting, nowadays EmuTOS boots up clearly faster than the real TOS version.

EmuTOS has recently acquired several TOS v2 desktop features. There's also a branch where desktop rendering is accelerated with Blitter.

Social Media

Return to “ST(E) Clones (Suska / MiST)”