BBC Micro

https://github.com/mist-devel/mist-board/wiki

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, Greenious, spiny, Moderator Team

User avatar
Higgy
Atari freak
Atari freak
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:38 pm

Re: BBC Micro

Postby Higgy » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:50 pm

Great work squid4.

I am just a tester, if you want tech knowledge these guys are great. I am sure they will be interested in your recent finding:

http://stardot.org.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... &start=270

squid4
Atariator
Atariator
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:12 pm
Location: UK

Re: BBC Micro

Postby squid4 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:29 pm

Fixed the SHIFT/CONTROL key pausing issue. Updated core binary.

NML32
Captain Atari
Captain Atari
Posts: 309
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:54 am
Location: USA/Florida

Re: BBC Micro

Postby NML32 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:48 pm

Thanks for the update :)

squid4
Atariator
Atariator
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:12 pm
Location: UK

Re: BBC Micro

Postby squid4 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:06 pm

Fixed the broken sound! Updated core binary.

User avatar
vebxenon
Captain Atari
Captain Atari
Posts: 460
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:10 pm

Re: BBC Micro

Postby vebxenon » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:56 pm

Thanks for your updates! :)

User avatar
DrOG
Captain Atari
Captain Atari
Posts: 203
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:23 pm
Location: Gyula, Hungary

Re: BBC Micro

Postby DrOG » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:03 am

That was quick!
Thanks for your work!

User avatar
Higgy
Atari freak
Atari freak
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:38 pm

Re: BBC Micro

Postby Higgy » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:36 am

I posted this on the ZX-Uno forum:

Hi,

Working with stardot.org.uk who seem to be one of the biggest Acorn computer websites, there is now a storage location for the BBC .MMB file.

This is hoped to be the 'master' file, which people will go to for updates. - http://stardot.org.uk/files/mmb/higgy_mmbeeb-v1.0.zip

Changelog to original 'Internet BEEB.MMB':

v1.0

Added: Bad Apple Demo ( BitShifters - https://bitshifters.github.io/posts/prods/bs-badapple.html )
Added: Beeb Tracker Vol 1. , Vol 2. & Vol 3. (BitShifters - https://bitshifters.github.io/prods.html )
Fixed: Castle Quest (now uses single disk version instead of compilation version originally used)
Added: Castle Quest Cheat (this version has option to add extra lives)
Added: The Darkness of Raven Wood (Rucksack Games - http://johnblythe5.wixsite.com/rucksackgames )

If there are any game/demo suggestions then ask and I will see about adding them to the .MMB Menu

You need to check out the 'Bad Apple' demo and hear what sound the BBC can do on the Beeb Tracker discs! :D

User avatar
vebxenon
Captain Atari
Captain Atari
Posts: 460
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:10 pm

Re: BBC Micro

Postby vebxenon » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:43 am

Higgy wrote:I posted this on the ZX-Uno forum:

Hi,

Working with stardot.org.uk who seem to be one of the biggest Acorn computer websites, there is now a storage location for the BBC .MMB file.

This is hoped to be the 'master' file, which people will go to for updates. - http://stardot.org.uk/files/mmb/higgy_mmbeeb-v1.0.zip

Changelog to original 'Internet BEEB.MMB':

v1.0

Added: Bad Apple Demo ( BitShifters - https://bitshifters.github.io/posts/prods/bs-badapple.html )
Added: Beeb Tracker Vol 1. , Vol 2. & Vol 3. (BitShifters - https://bitshifters.github.io/prods.html )
Fixed: Castle Quest (now uses single disk version instead of compilation version originally used)
Added: Castle Quest Cheat (this version has option to add extra lives)
Added: The Darkness of Raven Wood (Rucksack Games - http://johnblythe5.wixsite.com/rucksackgames )

If there are any game/demo suggestions then ask and I will see about adding them to the .MMB Menu

You need to check out the 'Bad Apple' demo and hear what sound the BBC can do on the Beeb Tracker discs! :D


Hey, thanks! :D Another game I have issues in the original MMB image is The Empire Strikes Back. It just only shows the title screen.

Regards,

Salva

User avatar
Xtro
Atariator
Atariator
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:47 am
Location: Spain

Re: BBC Micro

Postby Xtro » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:15 pm

I am not abble to make this core to run correctly. Using latest core, BEEB.MMB file in root of a 2gb sd card the BBC displays only "BBC Computer 32K Super MMC" and a blinking cursor but no command prompt so I can't type anything. Tried different cores and SD cards, deleting the beeb.mmb and nothing, always stuck at the same point.

User avatar
Higgy
Atari freak
Atari freak
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:38 pm

Re: BBC Micro

Postby Higgy » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:47 pm

If you have a blinking cursor that should be the command prompt. Is your keyboard working? Press F12 and see if the MiST On Screen Display appears.

1. You need to 'slow format' your SDcard first.
2. Copy .MMB always first
3. Copy core file
4. Insert into MiST and turn on.

If you want to place another .MMB you don't need to slow format again, you can just 'quick format' next time.
Always copy the .MMB first.

rittwage
Atari User
Atari User
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:26 pm

Re: BBC Micro

Postby rittwage » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:19 am

I tried this many times also and finally discovered "FAT" format in Windows 7 is not right. Use "SD Formatter" to do it, then copy beeb.mmb first, then core. It does work... I had the same issue.

User avatar
Higgy
Atari freak
Atari freak
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:38 pm

Re: BBC Micro

Postby Higgy » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:48 am

vebxenon wrote:
Hey, thanks! :D Another game I have issues in the original MMB image is The Empire Strikes Back. It just only shows the title screen.

Regards,

Salva


I just checked on the ZX Uno FPGA and it works on that. It uses a slightly different .MMB rom. So I don't know if the Empire disk is not compatible with the rom or it is because of the Core.
I can check to see if the Empire disk is a compilation version and then try finding a single disk version, otherwise it is down to the clever people to help fix the issue.
They have been very helpfully across forums so far.

User avatar
vebxenon
Captain Atari
Captain Atari
Posts: 460
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:10 pm

Re: BBC Micro

Postby vebxenon » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:19 am

Ok, thanks! :)

User avatar
Xtro
Atariator
Atariator
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:47 am
Location: Spain

Re: BBC Micro

Postby Xtro » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:18 pm

rittwage wrote:I tried this many times also and finally discovered "FAT" format in Windows 7 is not right. Use "SD Formatter" to do it, then copy beeb.mmb first, then core. It does work... I had the same issue.

Thanks, that was the problem, I needed to copy beeb.mmb as the first file after formatting the SD card. I did a FAT format under Windows 10 and it works.

User avatar
Higgy
Atari freak
Atari freak
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:38 pm

Re: BBC Micro

Postby Higgy » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:29 am

vebxenon wrote:
Hey, thanks! :D Another game I have issues in the original MMB image is The Empire Strikes Back. It just only shows the title screen.

Regards,

Salva


Hi I just checked with a single disk version of Empire and it hangs at the title screen :(
It works on ZX-Uno and BeeBEm so I guess it is MiST Core related.

Maybe @squid4 will be able to look at it sometime.

User avatar
vebxenon
Captain Atari
Captain Atari
Posts: 460
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:10 pm

Re: BBC Micro

Postby vebxenon » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:25 pm

Ok, yes, hope the problema will be solved soon :)


Return to “MiST”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests