SuperVidel out of order !

News, Support and Development discussions relating to SuperVidel.

Moderators: Mug UK, moondog/.tSCc., [ProToS], lp, instream, Moderator Team, Nature

HuggyOne76
Atari freak
Atari freak

SuperVidel out of order !

Postby HuggyOne76 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:19 am

Hello !
I sent an email to SuperVidel team two days ago but no answer until now. So I come here to search help...
Tuesday morning I ran my Falcon as usually... Even if I the start was anormaly harder than usually (and so I change my PSU to be sure...) But smoke came from the computer after few seconds. I powered off the Falcon and look at the CT60/SV from where the smoke came... I pull off the SuperVidel and I can see a molten component (L10) on this. :?
So I asked help from the team to know if they can fix it for me because I don't have soldering skills... and I'm not sure from where come the real problem on the board (perhaps L10 is just the visbile problem ?).
So, what can I do to have my SuperVidel returns to life ?
Thank you for your help !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

shoggoth
Nature
Nature

Re: SuperVidel out of order !

Postby shoggoth » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:33 am

Yikes. InSTream, Henc0x?
Ain't no space like PeP-space.

Dal
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Dal » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:22 pm

Does your CT60 still work? As you changed your PSU, I wonder if you installed the floppy power cable (near the ct60's JTAG connector) the correct way around?
TT030: 4MB/16MB + Crazy Dots, Mega"SST" 12, MegaSTE, STE: Desktopper case, IDE interface, UltraSatan (8GB + 512Mb) + HXC floppy emulator. Plus some STE's/STFM's

HuggyOne76
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby HuggyOne76 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:43 pm

Hello and thank you for your help !
No, no change to my Falcon, always the same PSU since two years. I tested the PSU, but everything seems ok. The floppy power is always connected to my CT60, no change at all in my Falcon since I installed the SuperVidel (september 2013... Just one year !!!) with the blue cable where I read "blue"... :D
I know you try to help me, but there's really nothing I changed in my setup (only the new MyAES I tested, but don't think that's the reason ! :mrgreen: ).
The Falcon works perfectly well with the CT60 yesterday and today, no problem... Just that I want a solution for my SuperVidel... Don't know who can fix it...

Thank you !

Dal
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Dal » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:48 pm

I only ask because of your first post where you said:

HuggyOne76 wrote:(and so I change my PSU to be sure...) But smoke came from the computer after few seconds

I have experience of making a similar mistake with similar results, that is why I asked a basic question. ;)

Sorry if I caused any offence.
TT030: 4MB/16MB + Crazy Dots, Mega"SST" 12, MegaSTE, STE: Desktopper case, IDE interface, UltraSatan (8GB + 512Mb) + HXC floppy emulator. Plus some STE's/STFM's

HuggyOne76
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby HuggyOne76 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:09 pm

@Dal, no offence for sure ! I know you try to help and I could make errors, even so "simple" errors ! :cheers:
But I'm just searching to contact someone who can help me with this card that I paid one year ago... and even if I can understand there's no guarantee on such cards, I just want this to be fix... But with no answer at all from the SuperVidel Team, that's difficult (but I don't blame them, I only hope they'll be able to help me (or someone else) !). :D

exxos
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby exxos » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:05 am

I never had one of these cards, but your last ditch attempt would be to try and solder a small fuse across the inductor, maybe 100mA quick blow. If someone has died and caused a massive current draw causing the inductor to try, then the fuse will blow (assume here 100mA would be enough). You could wire link it, but you could cause pcb tracks to burn out which then your 100% probably stuffed. I also assume the inductor is on a 5V rail. So a fuse will either get you working or blow the fuse in which case I doubt there is anything more that can be done. If the fuse works, then you can probably get a generic inductor to solder as a replacement. It is also a possibility that if the PSU is old, the regulation has got worse which can be a cause of inductors heating up fast due to switching RF switching noises.
4MB STFM 1.44 FD- VELOCE+ 020 STE - Falcon 030 CT60 - Atari 2600 - Atari 7800 - Gigafile - SD Floppy Emulator - PeST - various clutter

http://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
http://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/last/storenew/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
http://ataristeven.exxoshost.co.uk/Steem.htm Latest Steem Emulator

instream
Nature
Nature

Postby instream » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:58 am

We have been in contact with Hugues via email now, and told him to send the board to us. Hopefully only the L10 has burned up and nothing expensive or difficult to replace. :?

HuggyOne76
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby HuggyOne76 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:41 am

Thank you Exxos fort your interresting help !
As wrote Instream, the SuperVidel team sent me an email a little time after my post. Just that I couldn't login here to tell they will help me. My card is gone away on monday, hope that will be a little fix to make... Thank you everybody, this topic is closed !

HuggyOne76
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby HuggyOne76 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:48 am

Just a quick note to thank Henrik and Torbjörn ! My SuperVidel is alive ! ;) And that's working so great with Mint and MyAES ! THANK YOU !

Social Media

Return to “SuperVidel”