Yeah! SuperVidel arrived today!

News, Support and Development discussions relating to SuperVidel.

Moderators: Mug UK, moondog/.tSCc., [ProToS], lp, instream, Moderator Team, Nature

Jake/Depression
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Re: Yeah! SvperVidel arrived today!

Postby Jake/Depression » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:29 pm

My SV is in my home. :D

(Now i need some gables to update CT and it and some time made this...)
-soimaamme toinen toista ja unohdamme tulta kohentaa-

Rustynutt
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Rustynutt » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:05 pm

DarkLord wrote:Can we verify whether or not Roger can flash them? That would be nice, considering
I don't have a JTAG cable, or even any idea where to start. :)

Dropped the ball on this. Again, need to update ExtenDOS too.
Only peeked inside the SuperVidel package, much less get pass the stench left from smoking one of the Falcons earlier this year Yellow_Hot_Colorz_PDT_33

As Dr. Ian Malcolm says, " At first it's all ou and awe, just before the screaming starts".

evil
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

Postby evil » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:47 pm

mdivancic wrote:Waiting for disk module to replace my hard drive before I can install. For those of you who have installed this and the Svethlana I'd love to see pictures of the install.

Ok, finally all cabling has arrived so I put mine together (it's been lying all butchered up for far too long).

The goal was to have all of it (PSU, CT63, SuperVidel, SvethLana, RJ45 connector, HDMI connector, SSD drive) in the standard casing without cutting new holes. And it did fit after some fiddle and a few pounds of hot glue.

Here are a few pics:
http://ae.dhs.nu/ct60/sv/

pixben
Atarian
Atarian

Postby pixben » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:11 pm

i am soldering the extender

pixben
Atarian
Atarian

Postby pixben » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:20 pm

I have now a fast falcon , with a nice video resolution.

mdivancic
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby mdivancic » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:38 pm

Well, I finally got my CT-63 updated and the SV installed. I have video! Now I just need video drivers. I can't get the drivers to download from the Nature web site. Is there any place else to get these drivers?

On the plus side, it works! I've got video out of the SuperVidel! I managed to up update the CT-60 without bricking it (always good).
Mikey
Atari Falcon 030, CT-63 w/128MB @ 76MHz, 14 MB RamGizmo, SuperVidel + SvethLANa
Atari TT030, CaTTamaran, 4 MB ST-Ram, 16 MB TT-RAM, ECL2VGA
Amiga 4000T (QuickPak), OS 3.9, QuickPak 060 w/128 MB, Picasso IV, A2065, AD516
Commodore 128D, 1084S monitor, RAMLink, CMD 4.1GB Hardrive
Commodore SX-64

shoggoth
Nature
Nature

Postby shoggoth » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:37 am

mdivancic wrote:Well, I finally got my CT-63 updated and the SV installed. I have video! Now I just need video drivers. I can't get the drivers to download from the Nature web site. Is there any place else to get these drivers?

Why can't you get them from the web page?

EDIT: Are you using the built-in ZIP-depacker in MS Windows? It's broken by design. Use WinRar, Winzip or some other unarchiver.
Ain't no space like PeP-space.

jury
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby jury » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:40 am

shoggoth wrote:EDIT: Are you using the built-in ZIP-depacker in MS Windows? It's broken by design. Use WinRar, Winzip or some other unarchiver.

And it didnt depack on my Kubuntu and Ubuntu machines ( with their default unarchivers + installed one other, but cannt recall now what it was ) I had to send the drivers to a mate with Windows to depack it for me :)

shoggoth
Nature
Nature

Postby shoggoth » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:07 am

jury wrote:
shoggoth wrote:EDIT: Are you using the built-in ZIP-depacker in MS Windows? It's broken by design. Use WinRar, Winzip or some other unarchiver.

And it didnt depack on my Kubuntu and Ubuntu machines ( with their default unarchivers + installed one other, but cannt recall now what it was ) I had to send the drivers to a mate with Windows to depack it for me :)

Clearly needs to be fixed. Sorry for this, it'll be taken care of soon. Until then, please use WinRar or Winzip.

mdivancic
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby mdivancic » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:42 am

shoggoth wrote:Clearly needs to be fixed. Sorry for this, it'll be taken care of soon. Until then, please use WinRar or Winzip.

I'll give it a try after work...
Mikey
Commodore SX-64

mdivancic
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby mdivancic » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:00 am

That worked, I now have drivers and my SV is working fine in Mint. Now I have a ton of questions! A couple to start.

Is there anyway to switch the video mode from the desktop, or is the only way to edit the xaaes.cnf file (I set video in Xaaes to 0x441f)?

I'm geting the following error on my CT63 on reboots only: "Bad ROM CRC in chip E". Should I reprogram my CT63 or do I need to flash the boot rom to 1.03c (still running 2.01)?

Now I really need to get moving on my Mint setup! I just have a basic setup done right now.
Mikey
Commodore SX-64

shoggoth
Nature
Nature

Postby shoggoth » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:23 am

mdivancic wrote:That worked, I now have drivers and my SV is working fine in Mint. Now I have a ton of questions! A couple to start.

Is there anyway to switch the video mode from the desktop, or is the only way to edit the xaaes.cnf file (I set video in Xaaes to 0x441f)?

I take it you're not referring to the TOS Desktop, but rather to the XaAES. Currently there is no Supervidel-specific video setup module, no. This might happen in the future though. Until then, either set it in xaaes.cnf, or remove the "video" line from xaaes.cnf and set the "default" line in SV.INF.

I'm geting the following error on my CT63 on reboots only: "Bad ROM CRC in chip E". Should I reprogram my CT63 or do I need to flash the boot rom to 1.03c (still running 2.01)?

I have no idea about that one :) And unfortunately 2.0x doesn't run properly on my machine, so I really can't test it.

:)

EvilFranky
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby EvilFranky » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:34 am

Has there been anymore word on the 2.0x fix for people with problems...like me?

Sorry a bit off topic.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

mdivancic
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby mdivancic » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:35 am

shoggoth wrote:I take it you're not referring to the TOS Desktop, but rather to the XaAES. Currently there is no Supervidel-specific video setup module, no. This might happen in the future though. Until then, either set it in xaaes.cnf, or remove the "video" line from xaaes.cnf and set the "default" line in SV.INF.

Yes, the XaAES desktop, sorry! TOS Desktop is working fine.

I have no idea about that one :) And unfortunately 2.0x doesn't run properly on my machine, so I really can't test it. :)

Does not seem to be causing any problems, yet.
Mikey
Commodore SX-64

alanh
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby alanh » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:38 am

mdivancic wrote:That worked, I now have drivers and my SV is working fine in Mint. Now I have a ton of questions! A couple to start.

Now I really need to get moving on my Mint setup! I just have a basic setup done right now.

The last error about bad rom crc is usually down to the 060 running too fast. You may need to try lowering your speed now.
Falcon CT60, Falcon CT63 x2, TT x3, MegaST x2, MegaSTE x2, STFM x2, STE x2, STacy, STBook, (Dead) Hades 060, Milan 060, T40.

mdivancic
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby mdivancic » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:44 am

alanh wrote:The last error about bad rom crc is usually down to the 060 running too fast. You may need to try lowering your speed now.

That would suck, I'm running at 80 mhz now. (Not that it's not crazy fast for an Atari)...
Mikey
Commodore SX-64

Paolo
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Paolo » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:23 pm

As I wrote somewhere else, I had this CRC error at boot and also a strange "rx read error" or something like that during standard operations.

I solved the CRC thing by swapping a lot of RAM sticks until I found a good one, while I still have the "read error" randomly.

After getting answers from the Nature guys, I understood that my main concern should be to flash the CT60 chips (not the loader itself, that seems to work perfectly). Now I am waiting to buy that Xylinx cable :-)

mdivancic
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby mdivancic » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:23 am

mdivancic wrote:That would suck, I'm running at 80 mhz now. (Not that it's not crazy fast for an Atari)...

Dropping to 76 mhz solved the crc error.

So more questions now:

So what's the best desktop to use with MINT?

What's the best way to go about setting up the system to dual boot? It would be nice to be able to easily boot into TOS once in a while.

So, what are the rest of you doing for displays on the original videl? I'm not fond of swapping monitor cables back and forth. I was thinking of some type of monitor switch, but just wonder what others are doing?

Where do I go to find out about getting a picture on the desktop?
Mikey
Commodore SX-64

Ektus
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Ektus » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:53 am

mdivancic wrote:
mdivancic wrote:That would suck, I'm running at 80 mhz now. (Not that it's not crazy fast for an Atari)...

Dropping to 76 mhz solved the crc error.

So more questions now:

So what's the best desktop to use with MINT?

There's no such thing. Jinneee, Gemini, Thing, Teradesk, either one has its benefits and limitations.

mdivancic wrote:What's the best way to go about setting up the system to dual boot? It would be nice to be able to easily boot into TOS once in a while.

Simply dedicate one partition to each task. C: for MagiC, D: for MiNT, E: for TOS, whatever. Set the hard disc driver to boot the partition with your main system, and press the appropriate drive letter upon boot for the other systems. Or press and hold "Control" during boot to bypass AUTO and ACCs entirely (for gaming).

mdivancic wrote:So, what are the rest of you doing for displays on the original videl? I'm not fond of swapping monitor cables back and forth. I was thinking of some type of monitor switch, but just wonder what others are doing?

I ain't got a Super Videl but a Radeon on the CTPCI, yet the solution is the same: I've got a 20" LCD (1600x1200) with dual input. Both inputs are connected to the Falcon, and one single key press on the monitor switches to either signal.

mdivancic wrote:Where do I go to find out about getting a picture on the desktop?

That's part of the desktop, at least for Gemini and Jinnee.

Regards
Ektus.
Schneider CPC464 (long retired), Atari Mega ST4 (retired), Falcon+CT2A, Falcon+CT63+CTPCI+Radeon 9250, Milan040+SCSI+Rage

mdivancic
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby mdivancic » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:11 am

Ektus wrote:
mdivancic wrote:Where do I go to find out about getting a picture on the desktop?

That's part of the desktop, at least for Gemini and Jinnee.

Regards
Ektus.

Thanks Ektus. I'm running Teradesk, so looking for help with that...
Mikey
Commodore SX-64

shoggoth
Nature
Nature

Postby shoggoth » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:36 am

Just a reminder that this is the SuperVidel support forum, please stick to the topic :)

calimero
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Re: Yeah! SuperVidel arrived today!

Postby calimero » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:36 am

I just prepare to put SuperVidel inside my Falcon in original case.

I have quick question: will SvethLana work from plain TOS without CT63 (or CT63 must be active...)?
using Atari since 1986.http://wet.atari.orghttp://milan.kovac.cc/atari/software/ ・ Atari Falcon030/CT63/SV ・ Atari STe ・ Atari Mega4/MegaFile30/SM124 ・ Amiga 1200/PPC ・ Amiga 500 ・ C64 ・ ZX Spectrum ・ RPi ・ MagiC! ・ MiNT 1.18 ・ OS X

shoggoth
Nature
Nature

Postby shoggoth » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:08 pm

calimero wrote:I just prepare to put SuperVidel inside my Falcon in original case.

I have quick question: will SvethLana work from plain TOS without CT63 (or CT63 must be active...)?

The SuperVidel is located on the 32-bit 68060 bus connector; this interface doesn't "exist" for the 030. So the CT6x needs to be active.

Currently there is a MiNTNet driver for the SvethLana, which means you'll need FreeMiNT to use it.

calimero
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby calimero » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:15 pm

shoggoth wrote:The SuperVidel is located on the 32-bit 68060 bus connector; this interface doesn't "exist" for the 030. So the CT6x needs to be active.

Currently there is a MiNTNet driver for the SvethLana, which means you'll need FreeMiNT to use it.

I figure this out as soon as I try to run SuperVidel without CT63 :D

My SuperVidel works! :) now I will solder v/h sync wires since demos are distorted...

btw what is speed of SvethLana? Currently I am using NetUSB on ROM port but I guess that SvethLana is faster?
using Atari since 1986.http://wet.atari.orghttp://milan.kovac.cc/atari/software/ ・ Atari Falcon030/CT63/SV ・ Atari STe ・ Atari Mega4/MegaFile30/SM124 ・ Amiga 1200/PPC ・ Amiga 500 ・ C64 ・ ZX Spectrum ・ RPi ・ MagiC! ・ MiNT 1.18 ・ OS X

shoggoth
Nature
Nature

Postby shoggoth » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:41 pm

calimero wrote:btw what is speed of SvethLana? Currently I am using NetUSB on ROM port but I guess that SvethLana is faster?

SvethLana is a 100Mbit card on a fast bus, it should be quite a bit faster than the NetUSB. Any speed limitation is more likely to be in the MiNTNet stack (which has some short comings) rather than the hardware.

Social Media

Return to “SuperVidel”