Strange Demo screens

All about ST/STE demos

Moderators: Mug UK, lotek_style, Moderator Team

alexh
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby alexh » Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:17 pm

Where is the program for the disk music? Was it ever released? I've got some old drives here.

Zerosquare
Atarian
Atarian

Postby Zerosquare » Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:15 pm

Hi !

Yes, the video is real, but GT didn't tell you it was made with a disk drive controlled through the parallel port. AFAIK you can't do the same thing with the ST's internal drive directly.

The program to convert and play the music is one I made myself, but it's an abomination (messy source code, only works on PCs under pure DOS).

Also, most tunes don't sound good -- the range of notes that are "playable" on a disk drive is pretty narrow.

I'll try to find a little time to release a ST version, with instructions on how to hook up the floppy drive to the parallel port :)

frost
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby frost » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:28 pm

Great job ZeroSquare ! 8)

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mug UK » Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:29 pm

Just like the one I saw for the scanner mentioned earlier on in this thread.

So long as the equipment is dead, it's all good fun. I vaguely remember the old C64 "Drive Music" as not being announced it was for duff drives and it knackered a few 1541's at the time. But that was >20 years ago so my memories aren't that good :)
My main site: http://www.mug-uk.co.uk - slowly digging up the bits from my past (and re-working a few): Atari ST, Sega 8-bit (game hacks) and NDS (Music ripping guide).

I develop a free Word (for Windows) add-in that's available for Word 2007 upwards. It's a fix-it toolbox that will allow power Word users to fix document errors. You can find it at: http://www.mikestoolbox.co.uk

[ProToS]

Re: Strange Demo screens

Postby [ProToS] » Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:45 pm

GT Turbo wrote:Zerosquare do it !!!!

Look this video

WOW Yellow_Hot_Colorz_PDT_23
nice :D
SeeU
[ProToS]/Facebook

Social Media

Return to “Demos - General”